What is the WIL Digital Subsidy?
Important Update to WIL Digital
Please adhere to the following eligibility requirements:
- Wage subsidy of 50% up to $5,000 (or 70% up to $7,000 for underrepresented students)
- “Net new” requirement is in effect
- Post-secondary institutions are not eligible as employers
- Applications must be created in the application portal prior to the student’s start date
ICTC’s WIL Digital is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing wage subsidies for hiring post-secondary students.
WIL Digital provides 50% of the student’s salary up to $5,000, or 70% up to $7,000 for underrepresented students.
What is required to Qualify
- Applications must be from a Canadian registered business or not-for-profit organization that can provide a meaningful student work placement that includes digital technology in some capacity
- The student has domestic status and is enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution, during the work placement period. Please refer to our Student Program Guide for more details
WIL Digital is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
WIL e-Learning Courses
ICTC’s innovative e-Learning courses focus on various dimensions of the digital economy and are designed with the expertise of industry partners and academic experts. Course material introduces post-secondary students to specialized digital industry skills and knowledge to support their career development. This exclusive program is available at no cost to SWPP-eligible post-secondary students.
To learn more about the WIL Digital e-Learning program, click here.
Welcome to Winter 2023! ICTC encourages you to submit a WIL Digital application as limited funding is available for the winter term! Don’t wait – Apply now!
EDGE UP 2.0 applicants are available for placements. More information can be found here. If your company is interested in partnering with ICTC please contact your regional coordinator or the WIL Digital team.
If you have any questions, please contact our team: