What is the WIL Digital Subsidy?
Important Update to WIL Digital
Effective immediately, until July 31st, 2022, the NET NEW position requirement for WIL Digital is no longer applicable.
Removing the NET NEW requirement means employers are eligible to hire and receive funding for any number of students regardless of the number they employed in the previous fiscal year.For more information, please connect with the The WIL Digital Team, or your regional coordinator.
ICTC’s WIL Digital is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing financial assistance for hiring post-secondary students.
WIL Digital is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
Subsidies are paid to employers who bring on students for a meaningful WIL opportunity. WIL Digital provides:
- 50% of the student’s salary, up to $5,000; or
- 70% of the student’s salary, up to $7,000, if the student falls within one of the following under-represented groups: Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Indigenous students, Newcomers (immigrants who immigrated within the last 5 years), students with disabilities, visible minorities and first-year students.
What is required to Qualify
- Applications must be from a Registered business or Not-for-profit organization that provides a student with a meaningful work placement which includes a Digital or Technology component and uses technology in some capacity
- The student has domestic status and is enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution, during the work placement period. Please refer to our Student Program Guide for more details
ICTC’s WIL Digital supports Canadian businesses that offer student work placements within the Digital Economy. Please refer to the below guides for more information:
WIL Digital Models
ICTC’s innovative micro-learning model courses, designed with the expertise from industry partners and academic experts, introduce post-secondary students to pertinent digital industry skills and knowledge that will better support students in their career development. This exclusive program is available at no cost to WIL Digital students and employers.
Eligible students can participate in one or more of the following courses:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Intelligent Retail and Commerce
- Advanced Manufacturing
Benefits for employers:
- Your student(s) will gain relevant competence and skills to find innovative ways to improve or amplify your business
- Your student(s) will understand the expectation of working in the respective industry
- Your student(s) will be able to present creative, resourceful and strategic ideas and ways to contribute to the workplace
Benefits for students:
- You will gain learning experience relevant to the job or co-op work experience
- The course content will help add to your knowledge base of common language and behavioural norms used at work
- You will receive an industry-recognized certificate of completion that can be added to your portfolio
*To learn more about our online learning tools, please email The WIL Digital Team
- FAQ – Survey Monkey
- Employer Application Guide – Survey Monkey
Student Application Guide – Survey Monkey
- To access your old application in fluid review, please select https://wil-digital.fluidreview.com/. No NEW applications will be accepted in Fluid Reviews.
WIL Employer Hosni Zaouali has used the ICTC WIL program several times, and sees the many benefits for both students and employers! On Multiple occasions Hosni Zaouali has been part of the ICTC WIL Digital program and sees a lot of benefits for both the employer and the student.
ICTC support measures:
- Flexible start and end dates
- Remote placements are now eligible
- Mid point payment available during placement
These COVID-19 flexibility measures are ending as of April 30, 2021 (Winter 2021 term):
- $7500 subsidy model
- Net new requirement
- Post-secondary institutions may apply as employers
If you have any questions, please contact our team: