What is the WIL Digital Subsidy?
Important Update to WIL Digital
Effective immediately, until March 31st, 2022, ICTC’s COVID-19 flexibility measures are:
- Increased wage subsidy of 75% of the student’s salary up to $7,500
- “Net new” requirement has been removed
- Post-secondary institutions may apply as employers
- Flexible start and end dates
- Remote placements are now eligible
- Mid-point payment available during placement
ICTC’s WIL Digital is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing financial assistance for hiring post-secondary students.
WIL Digital provides 75% of the student’s salary, up to $7,500.
What is required to Qualify
- Applications must be from a Registered business, Not-for-profit organization, or Post-secondary institution that provides a student with a meaningful work placement which includes a Digital or Technology component and uses technology in some capacity
- The student has domestic status and is enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution, during the work placement period. Please refer to our Student Program Guide for more details
WIL Digital is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
WIL e-Learning Courses
ICTC’s innovative E-learning courses, designed with the expertise from industry partners and academic experts, introduce post-secondary students to pertinent digital industry skills and knowledge that will better support students in their career development. This exclusive program is available at no cost to WIL Digital students.
Eligible students can participate in one or more of the following courses:
- Accessibility in Tech
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Manufacturing & IIoT
- Big Data Fundamentals and Impact
- Cloud Computing
- Financial Literacy
- Intelligent Retail and Commerce
- Service Design
- Telecom, IoT, 5G
Benefits for employers:
- Your student(s) will gain relevant competence and skills to find innovative ways to improve or amplify your business
- Your student(s) will understand the expectation of working in the respective industry
- Your student(s) will be able to present creative, resourceful and strategic ideas and ways to contribute to the workplace
Benefits for students:
- You will gain learning experience relevant to the job or co-op work experience
- The course content will help add to your knowledge base of common language and behavioural norms used at work
- You will receive an industry-recognized certificate of completion that can be added to your portfolio
To learn more about the WIL Digital e-Learning program, click here:
*To learn more about our online learning tools, please email The WIL Digital Team