What is the WIL Digital Subsidy?
ICTC’s WIL Digital is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing financial assistance for hiring post-secondary students.
WIL Digital is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
Subsidies are paid to employers who bring on students for a meaningful WIL opportunity. WIL Digital provides:
- 50% of the student’s salary, up to $5,000; or
- 70% of the student’s salary, up to $7,000, if the student falls within one of the following under-represented groups: Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Indigenous students, recent immigrants, students with disabilities, visible minorities and first-year students.
What is required to Qualify
- Applications must be from a Registered business or Not-for-profit organization that provides a student with a meaningful work placement which includes a Digital or Technology component and uses technology in some capacity
- You are hiring for a Net New* position. Please refer to our Employer Program Guide for more details.
- The student has domestic status and is enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution, during the work placement period. Please refer to our Student Program Guide for more details
ICTC’s WIL Digital supports Canadian businesses that offer student work placements within the Digital Economy. Please refer to the below guide for more information
To learn more about ICTC’s online learning tools and partnership opportunities, please contact our:
- FAQ – Survey Monkey
- To access your old application in fluid review, please select https://wil-digital.fluidreview.com/. No NEW applications will be accepted within Fluid Reviews.
WIL Employer Hosni Zaouali has used the ICTC WIL program several times, and sees the many benefits for both students and employers! On Multiple occasions Hosni Zaouali has been part of the ICTC WIL Digital program and sees a lot of benefits for both the employer and the student.
Response Measures to Support Organizations During COVID-19
- The subsidy amount has been increased to 75% of the wages paid to the student up to $7,500.
- Waiving of the Net New criteria for all employers.
- Flexible start and end dates
- Remote placements are now eligible
- New pre-approval process [temporarily on hold]
- Post-Secondary Educational institutions are now eligible for the subsidy
If you have any questions, please contact our team: