What is the WIL Digital Subsidy?
Important Update to WIL Digital
As of April 1st, 2022, ICTC’s COVID-19 flexibility measures have ended. The following eligibility requirements are reinstated:
- Wage subsidy of 50% up to $5,000 (or 70% up to $7,000 for underrepresented students)
- “Net new” requirement is in effect
- Post-secondary institutions are not eligible as employers
- Applications must be submitted and approved prior to the student’s start date
ICTC’s WIL Digital is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing wage subsidies for hiring post-secondary students.
WIL Digital provides 50% of the student’s salary up to $5,000, or 70% up to $7,000 for underrepresented students.
What is required to Qualify
- Applications must be from a registered business or Not-for-profit organization that provides a student with a meaningful work placement which includes a Digital or Technology component and uses technology in some capacity
- The student has domestic status and is enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution, during the work placement period. Please refer to our Student Program Guide for more details
WIL Digital is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
WIL e-Learning Courses
ICTC’s innovative e-Learning courses, designed with the expertise from industry partners and academic experts, introduce post-secondary students to pertinent digital industry skills and knowledge that will better support students in their career development. This exclusive program is available at no cost to WIL Digital students.
To learn more about the WIL Digital e-Learning program, click here.